6 Effective Ways to Get Rid of Drain Flies
Have you encountered problems regarding drain flies? Experiencing problem which is caused by drain flies is totally irritating. But what are really these drain flies? Drain flies are small winged type of insects that almost looks like a moth. They seem to be harmless but you should be aware that they are also harmful despite of their deceiving looks. They carry bacteria that usually come from your house’s water drains. The bacteria which they carry can cause various illnesses like fever hepatitis, cholera, poliomyelitis tuberculosis and other possible result.
The large number of drain flies usually comes from places such as stagnant water, kitchens, basements and bathrooms. They create the drains as one of their habitats and much more attracted to live in sewage contaminated soil, sewers and in septic tanks. If you do not want to be bothered by drain flies, here are the following ways on how you are going to get rid of them:
- Find out where the Drain Flies live – Searching for the source of drain flies is the first step of getting rid of them. Cover the drain part wherein the drain flies are coming in and out. Use a clear tape and remember not to block the whole drain as this can be an additional problem. Check for drain flies that got stuck up into the tape after one or two days.
- Clean the Drain Filter – Avoid continuous reproduction of the drain flies, the best thing to do is to always clean the drain filter. Clean those areas where they may possibly lay eggs and breed further. Take note of how cleaning is essential in blocking the increasing population of drain flies into your drain system at home.
- Make Use of Pipe Brush – An instrument that is meant for cleaning debris within pips are the pipe brush. Using this to clean the pipe can help in removing the debris which is also the reason why the drain flies keep on coming back at your home’s draining system.
- Use Gel Cleaner in Cleaning – When you are done brushing up the pipe and remove all debris, applying gel cleaner will double the formula of removing the debris which are left in the drain. A gel cleaner is made for fighting organic matters that are being caught in your drain.
- Flush with Clean Water – After the application of gel cleaner, leave it for few hours and flush it out using clean and warm water. This must flush effectively all the remaining debris which the drain flies makes as their favorite spot to hide their selves and lay more eggs.
- Maintain the Drain – Maintaining the cleanliness of your home’s drains are effective way to get rid of drain flies. For at least once a month, it can already avoid drain flies from keep coming back into the drains.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
These six ways should always be kept in your mind if you don’t want to get be irritated and affected by the possible illnesses you can get from the drain flies. Take note of these ways and you’ll surely never get bothered by drain flies at your home anymore. Maximum Pest Control Services & Wildlife control Management | Bed bugs – Drain flies control services. Environmental Solutions in Mississauga, ON L5A 4K4, Oakville L6J 0A2, Hamilton L8H 4R5